Thursday, May 6, 2010

Behold You Are There

Psalms 139: 7-9, “Where can I go from your spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into Heaven You are there; if I make my bed in Hell, behold You are there."

Ever since the day I was born, I have been the son of a preacher man. Much like Pastor Eric, I cut my teeth on the back of a wooden church pew. And, in my teenage years, I, too, had a drug problem---my parents drug me to church! As a teenage boy, I knew without a doubt the Lord had called me into ministry. However, I had seen ministry, lived in a home of ministry---watching my father and all that came along with it. The life of a minister did not look appealing to me at all, and I wanted no part of it! I wanted to pursue my own life, get a career, and do my best to get mine, having nice possessions. I would spend most of my teenage years running from the call of God. It seemed as if the more I would run, the more I would run right back into God, as if He were a brick wall! I could not escape, I could not run, and I could not hide.

I now look back and laugh, questioning, “Where can I go from Your spirit? Where can I flee from Your presence?" I could never get away because He was always there! Although a lot of poor decisions may have been made, and I would create a self-made hell, He was still there. He never left me, He would never forsake me, and He upheld me with His mighty right hand!

Where do you feel like you are today? Are you ascending into Heaven, through praise and worship unto God? Maybe all hell has broken loose in your life, and you have just stopped and made your bed in Hell. I've got news for you---He is right there with you! I have learned that anytime you see the word “behold” in the word of God, it has significant meaning. Behold means you move into a new place, never to move back into the old place again! It is time to move into a new place! Give God praise, and no matter if I have made my bed in Hell, behold, for You are there!

No comments:

Post a Comment