Saturday, May 15, 2010

As We Enter In . . . .

1 It took Solomon thirteen years, however, to complete the construction of his palace. 1 Kings 7:1

This chapter goes on to explain with detail every inch of Solomon's palace. I don't think it was a coincidence that a coworker gave me a replica of Solomon's palace at the time the Lead Team began discussing and praying about the new church building. She had no idea this was in discussion. Since that time, it has served as a symbol to me of the vision for 3trees Church and a place to house the harvest.

1 When Solomon had finished building the temple of the LORD and the royal palace, and had achieved all he had desired to do, 2 the LORD appeared to him a second time, as he had appeared to him at Gibeon. 3 The LORD said to him:
"I have heard the prayer and plea you have made before me; I have consecrated this temple, which you have built, by putting my Name there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there. 1 Kings 9:1

6 "But if you or your sons turn away from me and do not observe the commands and decrees I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, 7 then I will cut off Israel from the land I have given them and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name.
1 Kings 9:6-7

After the temple had been built exactly as planned, the Lord approached Solomon and made a covenant with him. He would bless this temple, and He would put his Name there forever. However, this came with a stipulation: if his sons turned away from God, He would reject the temple.

A couple of years ago, I took a prayer walk on the grounds of our church. I feel like the Lord showed me a vision of what was to become of all the land we currently own. It doesn't matter if it was exact or if it was just a taste of greater things to come. What I remember most about it was what God said at the end. In summary, God said that the church would be blessed with all of these things only if we continued to seek Him first. If we began to put anything else first, if we looked away from Him, if we didn't follow Him, then we would have none of it.

Our church is almost complete. It has been built with great attention to detail and excellence. It has also been built with a tremendous amount of prayer and fasting. It is almost time for us to enter and dwell in this place. It is almost time to invite the harvest to come in with us. As we move forward, may we always remember God built it and God can tear it down. We must always remember to keep Him first in our ministry and in our lives, no matter what is going on around us.

Father, Help us to always remember You are the reason for everything we have been blessed with. Help us to always look to you and put you first in every decision we make. When leadership is faced with more than one path, speak to them clearly so that they always know which one you have blessed. Give the people strength and wisdom to always put you first in their lives so that the harvest will see everything is about You. -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment