Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Prophets: The Real Deal

"But as for me, I am filled with power, with the Spirit of the Lord, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgession, with Israel his sin.... Micah 3:8

Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money, Yet they lean upon the Lord and say, "Is not the Lord among us? No disaster will come upon us." Micah 3:11

While reading today's scripture, the thought crossed me, "What more can I add to what these powerful prophets are speaking." Trust me, I don't think I would like to go head to head with them any time soon! They came against those who had a form of godliness, but denied the power thereof! They declared right for right, and wrong for wrong. There was no doubt whom they spoke against once the words proceeded from their mouths. It would do many Americans, leaders, pastors, evangelists, etc, some good to read the truths in the Bible. When everyone around you is caving in to self-satisfying Christianity, read about the prophets of old. They will soon bring the light of God to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment