Thursday, July 22, 2010

Be a Blessing

Isaiah 61: 1, “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the person to those who are bound.”

Ministry is not always easy.  It is the ability to put others before yourself.  Many people feel that if they don’t have a title, job description, or a microphone in their hand, then they don’t have a ministry. I want you to know, that if you are saved by the grace of Jesus Christ, you have a ministry!  As I stated in the opening sentence, ministry is not always easy. You see, no matter what kind of situations we go through or battle, we are still required to be a blessing.

A few weeks ago, I began to really question ministry. In a conversation with the Holy Spirit, I would find myself complaining, “Ok, I will do my best to be a blessing---love people, put others before myself, and walk around with a smile on my face. I will do my best, but it all feels so fake, because I’m not truly happy!” I would then realize that this was more selfishness than anything, because at the root of the problem, I still worried and cared more about my life than the lives of others. I would then discover, through a daily devotion, that true joy is a choice---one that comes to those who have devoted themselves to something greater!

When we decide to live for something greater, walking in the anointing in which the Lord has given us, we find true joy. There is joy when you give unto someone who is less fortunate.  There is joy when just a smile and love can heal broken hearts. The Spirit of the Lord is upon you for something greater! May we live our lives to be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment