Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Potter & The Clay


1 This is the word that came to Jeremiah from the LORD : 2 "Go down to the potter's house, and there I will give you my message." 3 So I went down to the potter's house, and I saw him working at the wheel. 4 But the pot he was shaping from the clay was marred in his hands; so the potter formed it into another pot, shaping it as seemed best to him.  Jeremiah 18:1-4 NIV

He is the Potter; we are the clay. It's an age- old analogy that still stands true today. We may start to bend too much in one direction. Maybe part of our life sinks in as we stop filling that area. Maybe something devastating comes along and simply crushes us. No matter what direction the clay is going, the Potter will patiently work with it until it is formed in the exact shape he wants it to be. It is the same with God. No matter where we find ourselves, He will always patiently begin shaping us again. He will continue to do this until He has formed us in the way He intends us to be.

Today, I am thankful for my Heavenly Father, the Potter at the wheel, that has never given up on me. I am thankful that He has always been patient enough to continue shaping me. As long as I remain willing, He will continue to work on me. There is nothing He can't correct.  As you reflect on where you are today, thank God for all the moments He took the time to reshape you. "Greater things are yet to come!"

No comments:

Post a Comment