Friday, July 30, 2010

My Mind's Made Up!

Yes, this is God's Word on the matter:
"The whole country will be laid waste—
still it won't be the end of the world.
The earth will mourn and the skies lament
Because I've given my word and won't take it back.
I've decided and won't change my mind."
(Jeremiah 4: 27-28,  The Message)

God.  The same, yesterday, today and forever.  Humans may vacillate from one day to the next on their opinions.  Or, consider the woman "whose perrogative it is to change her mind".  Whether it be good---whether it be bad---God doesn't change his mind.  It's His Word!    

Jeremiah continues to warn the inhabitants of Judah, that if they don't change their sinful behaviors and disobedience towards God, destruction is surely to come.  God is patient; He will warn.  But, once God decides to bring judgment, He will do so---in his own time. However, God is merciful and will spare the remnant or those who are faithful.  

We are still awaiting the promise of Jesus' return to Earth.  Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean that God's word is not true.  There are so many prophecies in scripture that have already been, or currently being fulfilled.  I believe that Jesus will return for his bride, just as He said.  We have to make up our minds to be patient and remain faithful, until that day appears.  We have to decide not to change our minds, nor our hearts, if we're believing and serving God. 

"I've got my mind made up and won't turn back because I want to see my Jesus someday." 

No comments:

Post a Comment