Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 9 - One Accord

Acts1:14 - These all continued in one accord, making prayer and supplication...

"They all continued in one accord." This is not a small thing, nor is it just an interesting side-note to the story. It is an amazing truth that these followers of Jesus were able to maintain one accord. Why would such a thing be considered amazing? Because, they were "people" and we, the tenants of human society, have proved even from the days of Cain and Abel that we often struggle to maintain any consistent level of agreement among us.

Perhaps the reason for the disciples' success is also hidden in this verse regarding what they spent their time doing, it says they were "making prayer and supplication."

Prayer changes everything!

The individuals in the upper room made a decision to focus their attention on God, by doing so they were by default brought into closer alignment in their hearts. This truth has the same effect among the Body of Christ today, as it did then.

As we spend this 40-day period focused on prayer, may we not fail to make supplication (petition) unto God, as we focus on asking him to help bring us into one accord for the sake of fulfilling his purpose and manifesting his presence in the earth...

My Prayer:

Father, take me and mold me. If there is offense in my heart toward my brothers and sisters in Christ then purge me of any hidden bitterness that may prevent me from walking in one accord with fellow believers. I do not want to be a stumbling block on the pathway to unity. I petition you to touch my heart, and the hearts of others, that we may lay aside any differences and come together for the common cause of experiencing your presence and purpose among us corporately. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment