Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 6 - Receive

Acts 1:8 - but you shall RECEIVE power when the Holy Ghost is come upon you...

When someone gives you a gift you don't have to buy it, you just receive it. Likewise, as we find out later in the Book of Acts, you can do nothing financially or even works-based to cause the Holy Ghost to come upon you. Instead, as it was then, it is now--you simply RECEIVE it.

Open up your heart and spirit. Focus your agenda on the fact that heaven is releasing fire and power, then RECEIVE it!

Remember there is nothing you can do outside of also receiving Jesus as your Savior that will ever make you a better candidate. The Holy Ghost is a gift from heaven to you. He is not for some people and not for others. The book of Joel says, "God will pour out his Spirit on all flesh." It is safe to say, "all includes everybody." Heaven is pouring out the Holy Spirit, now all we have to do is RECEIVE it...

My Prayer:

Father I receive your promise. I receive your enduement of power. I receive your baptism of fire. I receive your Holy Spirit. I understand I can not work for it. I can not buy it. I simply lift my hands and surrender my life to your release. I will not resist, I will receive. Come on me, empower me, overshadow me. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment