Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 5 - Dynamite power

Acts 1:8 - and you shall receive POWER when the Holy Ghost is come upon you...

The same Greek word used to derive the term dynamite is used here in the word POWER in Acts 1:8.

We all know the potential of dynamite. We also understand that a little can do a lot.

What is the intended communication to the readers of Acts 1:8 by choosing to use this term? The theological thoughts could get lengthy so I say we just sum it up with the understanding that a little of the Holy Ghost can accomplish much in our lives, because it packs the spiritual equivalence of dynamite!

Little is much, when God is involved!

My Prayer:

Father, I invite you to come upon me that I may receive the release of your dynamite power. I do not desire just a small portion of you in my life, but I embrace the reality that a little of your power deposited in me can make a big difference. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment