Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 10 - Suddenly

Acts 2:2 - SUDDENLY there came a sound from heaven...

Imagine this... Ten days of waiting and then SUDDENLY!

We are ten days into this 40-day journey of prayer and fasting and I greatly anticipate a suddenly.

My definition of a God-centered suddenly is: A moment when we are about the father's business, focused on the task at hand and then without warning God's manifest presence arrives to touch people in a way that is completely off the charts and out of the norm.

I've experienced it a few times in private prayer. Once or twice even in public gatherings and I can say this much for God's use of sudden invasions of his presence, "You never, ever forget them!"

Perhaps you have been in a worship gathering and everyone had their program. You knew what was supposed to come next. The three songs had been sung and the offering had been received, next up the soloist, etc. But then something happened...... It could only be described as a moment of the suddenly. God changed everyone's plan. A brand-new level of attention to the heavenly arrived and every person was acutely aware that the manifest presence of God was among them. You couldn't describe it, but you could feel the embrace of heaven. Suddenly, heaven had without warning touched your earthen heart in a special way...

I've never had a 'suddenly' even come close to rivaling what is described in Acts 2, but for those special moments when God surprised me, I am forever changed and I long for the next one; however this is probably the time to point out a valid truth...

Acts 1:1 ends with the words they were all in "one accord in one place." The very next word is in verse 2 and is our topic of discussion: SUDDENLY! Is it possible they weren't waiting on heaven but that instead heaven was waiting on them? I will never believe it was a coincidence that the moment they came into complete agreement--one accord--then SUDDENLY heaven showed up.

May we all learn this: we are not waiting on heaven, heaven is waiting on us...

My Prayer:

Father, let me do nothing that would delay my SUDDENLY.... In Jesus name, Amen.


1 comment: