Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 11 - The Sound

Acts 2:2 - And suddenly there came a SOUND FROM HEAVEN...

Research on the subject of revival is absolutely startling, when you realize that each significant awakening in Church history was accompanied by a sound.

Over and over again, history announces that most often when heaven and earth met there was a specific sound that identified the happening. From the sounds of people crying to God without restriction in repentance to new songs being sung, all the way to the release of untrained but joyful praise-oriented noise, sound has always played a substantial role in God's presence being revealed among his people.

I am reminded of numerous Old Testament experiences where God sent a specific and strategic sound to announce his moving within the earth. One of my favorite examples of this is in 2 Samuel 5 when God sent a noise through the mulberry trees. (Read it, you will be blessed!)

I have heard Nashville has-been's and Motown wanna-be's. I've heard Southern Gospel's best and Contemporary Christian's most prestigious and I must say that I have walked away from each experience confident in one fact: It doesn't matter how gifted you are or how tight your band is, the one thing needed most in the earth is the accompaniment of a SOUND FROM HEAVEN...

My Prayer:

Father, open up our ears to hear your sound. Announce your arrival with a heavenly sound as you suddenly manifest your presence among us. I have heard all earth has to offer and I long for a sound that only you can inspire and release. May we even hear your sound today in private that we may release it in public. In Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment