Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Praise Him

At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head.
Then, he fell to the ground in worship and said:
"Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. 
The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away;
may the name of the LORD be praised."  Job 1:20-21   (NIV)

Job has just been given the news that his life is now in devastation. He has lost everything. Yet, you will notice that the verse says he fell to the ground "in worship". It does not say he fell to the ground in sorrow or anger. No, he was still in worship.

How often can we say that we will still worship God no matter how bad He allows our life to get? Job notes that the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Job came to this world with nothing and he will leave with nothing. It is the same for you and I. Everything in between is up to God. He can choose to allow blessings, or He can choose to allow trials. Whichever choice God makes, He always has a greater plan for it. We just can't always see it right away. Sometimes, all we can do is to simply trust Him. We should worship him even more greatly in the difficult times than in the good times. No matter how difficult the storm--- Praise Him!

1 comment:

  1. I just now read this post. I tried to download this very same video to my facebook this a.m., but without success. Yes, I'll praise Him in the storm!

    ReplyDelete