Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Like Gold


"But if I go to the east, he is not there;
if I go to the west, I do not find him.
When he is at work in the north, I do not see him;
when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him.
But he knows the way that I take;
when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold.
My feet have closely followed his steps;
I have kept to his way without turning aside.
I have not departed from the commands of his lips;
I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread."
Job 23: 8-12 NIV

In spite of Job's misfortune, he still treasures the words of the Lord more than his daily bread. Even though this is the most difficult time of Job's entire life, he does not let go of his need for the Lord. And, even if the Lord does not relieve Job from all of the things that come against him, he realizes that God knows everything that is going on in his life, and when God is finished testing him, then he will come forth like gold.

Every difficult time we go through shapes us in some way. Remember, if we remain true to Him in all circumstances, not just the good, then we will be molded and shaped to come forth "like gold." May you find peace in the difficult times today. May you understand that He knows your every step. May you stay true to Him and may you come forth like gold.

Father, thank you for all of the seasons in our lives. Thank you for caring enough about us to shape us into the best people we can be in order to do the most for your Kingdom! -Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment