Monday, September 13, 2010

If You're Going to Lose it, Lose it Cheerfully!

"....When this is done, I will go the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."

After reading Esther chapters 1 - 4, at the end of chapter 4, this verse stuck out to me. Even though everything was going on through the land, including Haman's plot to destroy the Jews, Esther tells them to gather all the Jews in Susa and to fast, then she would go to the king. This is significant because her thirty days of being summoned by the king had passed, and anyone who came into the inner court without being summoned would be put to death.

Esther decided that she would take the chance to go to the king without being summoned, and she says, "If I perish, I perish!" I believe that this is the mentality that we should all take when it comes to serving Christ. If the world is against us, if our back is against the wall, and if the world wants to stone us for our faith, then so be it! If God be for us, who cares who's against us!! Sometimes our faith needs to be stretched, and we need to take it to extreme measures. We can't always stay in our own "comfort zone" if we want to reach the world and win over the harvest!

I learn more and more through my years of being a Christian that we aren't accepted by all the people. We as Christians will always be considered the outcast and will always have the thoughts of being different. Christians need to stand up and voice our opinions to the world and let them know that we may be different in the way we live, but knowing that we have eternal life after this life is enough to endure the struggles of this world! Stay strong in faith, always look to Christ for all your answers, and endure whatever it takes! Esther gives us a strong statement when she says, "If I perish, I perish," and basically she is saying that if she loses her life in an attempt to save the people, then at least she will lose it cheerfully!! God be with us all and give us the courage to "STAND UP!"

No comments:

Post a Comment