Monday, September 20, 2010

God Says We Will Be Happy!

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise (Psalm 111:10 NIV)

As I was reading today, I couldn't help but notice the excitement and tone that I was experiencing. Reading about God's goodness makes me happy and excited. Knowing that God honors everything He says makes me want to seek him more. When we get the revelation that we are not waiting on God but God is waiting on us, it should help us all to understand we should pursue and seek Him more daily.

Psalm 112 is a continuation from chapter 111 that as long as we obey and trust God, we will be happy! Verse 4 says that "even in darkness, light dawns for the upright..." This makes me want to leap for joy because, in case you missed it, He said that, "even in darkness the light will shine". No matter your circumstance or situation, the light at the end of the tunnel will always brighten the whole situation!

As always, God's word is an excitement to read and the plans for "His people" makes me love God all the more. If you've come to Jesus in hope that He will turn something around in your life, hold on because I believe God will bless. If you used to get excited about God but don't anymore, seek his presence. I read a devotional the other day that said, "If God doesn't excite you like he used to, then that is a form of blasphemy." Once I thought about it, it all seemed true that God doesn't want to dwell in those places that are dull and dried up!!

Lord,
I pray your presence be upon us daily and that you help us to gain excitement for you. Help us Lord to not become bored and dull with your word and seeking your face, but Lord change us! Mold us to become more like you would have us to be. Help us father! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment