Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wherever You Go

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9


Moses had passed away and Joshua was about to take on the greatest challenge of his life. He was going to take the people across the Jordan River into the Promised Land. I can only imagine how nervous he would have been facing this challenge head on. They had dreamed about this for years and now he was responsible for finally getting them there all by himself. Or, maybe he felt like he had to do it by himself. God wanted him to know he wasn't alone. He said He would be with Him every step of the way!

On Sunday, I found myself sitting in a hospital room on the pediatrics floor. The day had started out normally and ended with a trip to the Emergency Room for my 7 yr. old daughter, Hannah. The last words that I heard in the ER were "surgery" and soon enough we were whisked upstairs to await her scheduled time for appendix removal. I know it is a routine surgery that many have had, but that didn't make this mother feel any better about her daughter going through it. This illness had gone on for months and I wanted her to have relief, but I was also fearful. Sitting next to her bed, she began asking questions and I knew she was also scared. Suddenly, she began singing "No Sweeter Name." I realized that my daughter knew Who to turn to when she was scared. I smiled and we both began singing that song. Then, we talked about Jesus going into the surgery with her and prayed for Him to do so. From that moment on, we were both peaceful. I knew that the Lord was with her and so did she.

Are you facing a difficult situation today? Do you fear your next step? Do you feel unqualified to make the next decision? Call on the Lord! He can give you strength, wisdom, and peace in every situation! Remember, we are never alone with the Lord by our side!

No sweeter name than the Name of Jesus
You are the life to my heart and my soul
You are the light to the darkness a- round me
You are the hope to the hopeless and broken
You are the only truth and the way
You are the life to my heart and my soul
You are the light to the darkness a- round me
You are the hope to the hopeless and broken
You are the only truth and the way





2 comments:

  1. Jackie,
    The verse that you wrote about today is very special to me. When I was in my last semester of my Senior year of High School, I was really wrestling with having enough strength and courage to approach my parents and fill them in on what I was dealing with in my heart. I knew that my life, in some way, would be involved in serving God through ministry. (I'm still amazed at what's happened since then!) At that time, Eric lived in Columbus and it was a real growing time for me spiritually. I read Joshua 1:9 over and over again. I finally felt God's Spirit with me and gained the courage I needed to face my parents. For me, that was a big deal because I was the only Christian living in the house. It was like a huge mountain had melted like wax before me because it was such a burden for me to carry. I had to proclaim my faith and future in Him. At the age of 17, I began my journey of trusting in Him. Since that day, He has never failed me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Mandy, I don't get to hear your side of the testimonies very often. Thanks for giving me that insight and encouragement that still applies today!

    ReplyDelete