Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Night Seasons

We all experience night seasons. If we are not careful, night seasons can arise and become a distraction to our relationship with the Lord. Everything can seem to be operating in the manner we feel it should go. The relationship with Christ and daily devotion to Him is great; work is great, family life is great. All of a sudden, we can be hit with rough and tough circumstances. Suddenly, sickness can arise in our life, financial situations arise, or we just become busy. Maybe we just become so casual in our relationship with Christ, we let our guard down. And, before we know it, it seems we are in a night season. We become desperate for Christ, looking for light at the end of the tunnel. And, we wonder how we have fallen into such a mess. It is the tough circumstances that build our character in Christ.

David had the answer for the night season---Psalms 16:7-8, “I will bless the Lord who gives me counsel; my heart instructs me in the night season. I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved!” We should always bless the Lord, because He will give us counsel. He speaks to our hearts and gives us direction in the way we should go. We’ve got to trust Him. And no matter what the situation, small decisions or big decisions, seek the Lord's direction! If you ever want to know how dependent you are upon the direction of the Lord, ask yourself, how often do I seek the Lord for the small decisions in life as opposed to the big decisions that must be made? If we are truly after His guidance, we will set the Lord always before us!

The best news about a night season, because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved! Listen, you may get knocked down, but you are not knocked out! Proverbs 24:16 declares, “Though a righteous man may fall seven times, He rises again!” If you are in a night season, keep your head up. Trust in the Lord---you will rise again. This tough circumstance is building Christ-like character in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment