Friday, December 3, 2010

A Little Encouragement

 "I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong— that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other’s faith."     Romans 1:11-12 NIV

I have friends both near and far that I share a Christian faith with. Social networking and email has made it easier to keep the communication lines open with those who are far away. In the day that Paul wrote this, he actually wrote a letter. I have to say that it has been some time since I wrote a letter that wasn't sent electronically. In whatever form you are most comfortable with, we should always take time to encourage one another along the way.

God places people in our lives for a purpose, and sometimes that purpose is simply so that we can encourage each other. Encouragement often takes no more than a line or two sent randomly. A smile, a kind word, and a hug can go a long way when reaching out to a fellow Christian brother or sister.

Remember to uplift our brothers and sisters in Christ through encouragement. And, most of all, don't forget to pray for each other. We all have something to offer one another. Trust God today to lead you in helping someone else in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment