Monday, November 22, 2010

Draw Near

Paul then stood up in the meeting of the Areopagus and said: "Men of Athens! I see that in every way you are very religious. For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: TO AN UNKNOWN GOD. Now what you worship as something unknown I am going to proclaim to you.   (Acts 17:22-23 NIV)

An unknown God!...I feel like that is the God that many of us worship in today's society. We worship him as He is just some far-distanced object in the sky, or we keep ourselves so distanced that we truly don't know him and He feels unknown, like a stranger! The God that I read about in the Bible wants to dwell in our hearts.  He wants to be part of all our decisions, and He wants to bless us more than we can fathom.

Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior.  He's an awesome, almighty God, not an unknown God. Jeremiah 32:38 tells us that, "They will be my people and I will be their God." Jesus is trying to tell us that He wants all our lives, and He wants to be our one and only God. If we want to experience the blessings of this life and we want to be able to stand strong when the enemy attacks, we better draw close to him daily.

Always remember, "If God be for us, it doens't matter who's against us!"

No comments:

Post a Comment