Monday, November 1, 2010

Be Generous--- It is Contagious!

"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' (Matthew 25:40 NIV)

We as Americans have the choice to pick and choose. We choose who to be friends with and who not to be friends with.  We choose who to sit by and who not to sit by.  We choose who to deem worthy and who to deem unworthy! We will choose to walk by a homeless man and say, "I wish I had something to give them", then immediately go to the nearest McDonald's and buy more than we need when we have plenty at home to eat.

I'm just as guilty of this as anyone else! But, maybe it's time we take days where we just eat at home and give what we would have spent for lunch to someone in need. Just think---if you give to them, then you are giving to God! If we as Christians choose not to feed the hungry, clothe the naked or give to the poor, then we are doing so unto God.

In John 12, Jesus predicts his death once again. Jesus' death is a glorious victory for you and me, as it's our escape from Hell. John 12:44-46 sheds us some marvelous light on the greatness of our God and Jesus' death. "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

Just as how wonderful Jesus is to us, we should shine the light to those in the world to show them what Jesus can do. I challenge you all this week to try the act of generosity---it's contagious! Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment