Monday, November 29, 2010

Bad Company

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning; for there are some who are ignorant of God--- I say this to your shame. (1 Corinthians 15:33-34 NIV).

All of us at some point in our lives have found ourselves around bad company. I have found that it is much easier to live a Godly life when you surround yourself with the right people than it is to continue to hang around the same people you did before you were saved. At first, I thought that I'd be able to hang out with the "old crowd" and still be able to live the life that God desired, but, I found that, after a while, it is harder to do that I had expected!

The saying, "You can judge a tree by the fruit it bears," is something that we must instill in our minds. Even if you are not participating in the activities that the crowd you're with is doing, when seen from someone on the outside, it is still possible to ruin your image and influence on others. I know we as Christians are not supposed to judge, but I still believe we can be fruit inspectors!

If you're hanging with the wrong crowd or maybe sticking around the wrong activities, then you're flirting with disaster! We never know who may be watching us and trying to see how we're living our life. We may be the only Bible that some people ever read, so I want to do everything possible to not lead someone astray!! Be a Godly example to those around you!

No comments:

Post a Comment