Monday, February 8, 2010

He Fell Upon ALL!

Hello to all who reading this blog. I hope and pray that all is well with each of you. I am writing about scripture from Acts Chapter 10.

Many of us have seen others who seem to "have it all together," so to speak. They seem to be blessed by God and have the favor of God in their lives. I used to wonder, at times, and if I also could have God moving in my life and have the Holy Spirit moving upon me as I seen him move upon them. At times, to be honest, it felt like I was on the outside looking in and I wondered if this was me also. If we look at Acts chapter 10 we can see that God sees past things like nationality, gender, family background, and other differences and instead looks at those who he has cleansed and who call out to him in prayer! Cornelius we not a Jew but verse 2 states that he prayed to God always and gave generously to people. God was about to move for Cornelius and change his life.

In Acts 10 verses 10-16 the apostle Peter had an experience in which the Lord showed him that he should never call anyone common or unclean. He states this in verse 28. What a revelation! It would do many of us good to learn the same thing. We should know that God doesn't want us to look down on anyone because of race, gender, income, or any other factor. Thanks to God that when he saves and cleanses us by the blood of Jesus none of us are common or unclean in God's eyes, but we are his children! One of the most important things that I have ever learned in life that gives me strength in difficult moments is that Jesus loves me and I am special to him!

In verse 44 and 45 Jews and Gentiles who were gathered together hearing Peter speak all received the gift of the Holy Spirit and it astonished people that God poured out his spirit on Gentiles as well as Jews. If you have ever wondered if the gift of the Holy Spirit is for you then you can shout and rejoice in knowing that you are special to God and the Holy Spirit is for you and all who are called of God (Acts 2:39)!

I'm glad that God qualifies the called instead of calling the qualified. You don't have to feel like you're on the "outside looking in" but you are special in God's eyes and he wants you to have the Holy Spirit moving greatly in your life. I pray that he blesses each of you in a great way today.

No comments:

Post a Comment