Monday, October 11, 2010

Just Believe He Is Who He Says He Is!

'Then one of the synagogue rulers, named Jairus, came there. Seeing Jesus, he fell at his feet and pleaded earnestly with him, "My little daughter is dying. Please come and put your hands on her so that she will be healed and live." (Mark 5:22-23 NIV)

Here in Mark 5 we have this ruler that falls at Jesus' feet as soon as he sees him. I believe that he was so happy to see Jesus because, the moment that he saw Him, he knew that his daughter was ok. He didn't have to go question him and ask, "If he could heal her?" or "If he was able to heal her?" This ruler, Jairus, knew that as long as Jesus would just lay hands on her that she would be healed and live.

When do any of us, when asked to lay hands on the sick, know that because we come in Jesus' name that the person would be healed? I believe we don't have as many healings going on anymore because the Christian people don't believe it when they pray. We may lay hands on the sick and we'll say a nice prayer, but many walk away still doubting that anything in that prayer is going to happen! Jairus knew without a doubt that Jesus was able and would heal his daughter!!

I know for me sometimes it's hard to fully understand the amazing acts of God, but I truly believe that if God was able to do it in the Bible, then there is no reason why he can't do it now! Healings can and will happen when God's people take it serious and truly believe in their hearts that the sick will be healed. No doubting! Doubt will get us in trouble and will many times keep us from seeing the miraculous things of God.

Matthew 14:31 says, "You of little faith, why did you doubt?" When I read over this, it just makes me believe that God was saying it sympathetically. Like he was saying, "If you would have just believed, then this would have happened!" or "If you wouldn't have doubted, then you would have seen my glory!" I don't want to miss anything that God has in store for me or for anyone in this world. All you have to do is believe he is who he says he is!!

No comments:

Post a Comment