Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Change of Heart

"Well, tell them this, 'This is your Message from God, the Master. True, I sent you to the far country and scattered you through other lands. All the same, I've provided you a temporary sanctuary in the countries where you've gone. I will gather you back from those countries and lands where you've been scattered and give you back the land of Israel. You'll come back and clean house, throw out all the rotten images and obscene idols. I'll give you a new heart. I'll put a new spirit in you. I'll cut out your stone heart and replace it with a red-blooded, firm-muscled heart. Then you'll obey my statutes and be careful to obey my commands. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!  "'But not those who are self-willed and addicted to their rotten images and obscene idols! I'll see that they're paid in full for what they've done.' Decree of God, the Master." Ezekiel 11:16-21

I think the message here is clear. If we are willing to change, God is willing to change us. If we remain committed only to our own will and the idols we have, He will judge us accordingly.

What a loving God we serve! He is One who is willing to forgive us more than we deserve. He is One who is willing to constantly help us to become better, if we want Him to. He only asks us to allow Him into our hearts and to strive to serve Him. The Bible says that He will not put more on us than we can bear. Even though He requires for us to obey Him, He loves us enough to not make it impossible. He always gives us a way out of temptation when needed. He is willing to form us, like clay, over and over again. When we stray, He is willing to start over. All we have to do is to come back to Him.

Take this message to heart today. Don't be like those who are unwilling to change and conform to God's will. No! Instead, be the ones who cry out, "change me God, change me from the inside out!" Then, let Him do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment